Monday, April 20, 2009

A visit to Barrenjoey Lighthouse at Palm Beach

A travel to Palm Beach took about 30 - 45 minutes from Chatswood, which is about 27km of distance. The palm beach is beautiful with much less crowded than Bondi beach. If you follow Australia "Home and Away" soap opera, you would know that they took most of the exterior scenes @ Palm Beach. The serenity of Palm Beacn wasn't surprise me as I expect it to be less crowded (than Bondi beach). It's as beautiful as other beaches near Sydney coastal lines. However, I am surprised by the visit to  Barrenjoey lighthouse. Not because of the lighthouse but the paths that I need to walk up to it. 

It has two paths, either easy route or difficult route. Unfortunately the difficult route has been closed until further notice, we are forced to take the easy one which is supposed to be longer route (it will take about 20-30 minutes to reach the lighthouse according to the notice board apprently). Though it is supposed to be easy route but it never fail the job to exhaust us with the many ramps and some steep paths. I am certain I can keep fit by climbing this every day.

The reward is fruitful - the birdeye view to the Palm Beach and the nice landscaping of the lighthouse. I have started to think to travel there again already...

   
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin