Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mushroom Fennel Lemon Fettuccine 意大利面


This recipe was adopted from Chicken,Fennel & Lemon Fettuccine  with some modification. I replaced chicken with mushroom (as I still have lots of fresh mushrooms in my fridge). I think Fennel is still best to cook with meat, liked chicken, pork or ham.

Also, I add in green chilli slices just for little bit spicy flavour because I do not have Tobasco pepper sauce in stock.  It taste quite well too. It's best to serve with wine I reckon. 

Here is the modified recipe:

Ingredients:
1. Fettuccine pasta
2. Fennel bulb, trimmed and finely chopped
3. lemon
4. garlic, black pepper, salt
5. mushroom slices
6. olive oil
7. 1x300ml carton thicken milk
8. 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese

Instructions:
1. Boil the water and cook the Fettuccine (follow the instructions written in the box)
2. Add olive oil, fry mushroom slices/garlic with low heat, also add in black pepper, salt
3. Add in fennel, continue to cook unti they are all soften in low heat
4. Finally, add in thicken milk and parmesan cheese
5. Stir it until everything mix well and comes to boil
6. Add in earlier cooked pasta and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Then you can serve.

You can top it with more parmesan cheese to serve.

Note: If you do not like cheese, then forget about this recipe. :)


No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin