Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easy and Simple Almond Cake

After the success of baking Walnut Cookies, I am fancy to bake cake with nuts, such as almonds, macademias, hazelnuts, etc. I saw the offer from Aldi today for the ground almonds and decided to bake simple almond cake.

I adopted the simple recipe from here with some adjustment to suit my kitchen. I used self-raising flour/white suger (as I didn't have Castor sugar on stock) and did not add in almond essense.

Ingredients:
125g butter (melted)
80g sugar
3 eggs
120g ground almonds
80g self-raising flour sifted

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven with 180 ºC. Brush your baking container (tin) with butter/oil. 
2. In a mixing bowl, using electric beater to beat butter and suger until it's light & creamy.
3. Add in portion of egg & ground almonds, beat them again. Repeat until all egg/ground almonds are added into the mixing bowl. Beat them to mix well until light & creamy.
4. Then add in flour and using spoon/spatula to mix them well until the mixture is smooth. (You can add in flour portion by portion). It will be heavier now.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
6. Bake it for 15 minutes in 180 ºC and then 160 ºC for 30 minutes. Monitor closely and it's ready if the skewer come out clean from the center of the cake. (I actually cut the cake half to check.)

Tasting:
The skin of the cake is crispy. I like it! It is best to be served in afternoon tea session with friends. Do you want to have afternoon tea with me?




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin